Mr Sakkaf Ahmed Aftab, consultant ophthalmologist at Scunthorpe hospital offers small incision cataract surgery under topical anaesthesia (without injection) and has special interest in refractive cataract surgery – non laser option for vision correction (including multifocal and toric intraocular lens implants). He subspecializes in medical and surgical retina which includes management of wet age related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and retinal vein occlusions, surgery for vitreoretinal problems like macular holes, epiretinal membrane and vitreous haemorrhage. He has introduced sutureless posterior segment eye surgery in the area. He also offers medical and surgical treatment for Glaucoma and other routine ophthalmological diseases.
GMC number: 4484329
MBBS, MRCOphth (London), FRCS (Edinburgh), Fellowship in Medical and Surgical Retina (Centre of Eye Research, Melbourne,Australia), Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education
- Honorary Senior Clinical Tutor Hull & York Medical School
- College Tutor for Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy UK
- Member of CESR Faculty of Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
- Executive Council Member of BMA Yorkshire Regional Council
- Member of BMA Central Consultant Committee
- Member of European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of British and Eire Association of Vitreoretinal Surgeons
- Member of European Society of Retina Specialists
Mr Aftab has active interest in research and is currently involved in research projects in retinal diseases like diabetic retinopathy and retinal vein occlusion. He has been invited to give lectures in international meetings.