Mr Sid Goel is a consultant ophthalmic surgeon with a special interest in cataract and refractive surgery, oculofacial plastic surgery and corneal/anterior segment surgery.
Mr Goel specialises in cosmetic surgery of the eyes, eyelids and pericoluar complex including brows and upper cheeks.
Mr Goel’s practice is modern, efficient and yet caring, putting his patients interests always in front of everything else.
Special Clinical Interests
Cataract & Refractive (Glasses corrective) surgery:
- Cataract surgery with refractive modulation like corneal relaxing incisions
- Specialty refractive lenses e.g. multifocal lenses, accommodative lenses, toric astigmatism correction lenses
- Phakic add on lenses
- Presbyopic lens surgery
- Refractive laser surgery
Oculofacial plastic surgery:
- Droopy lids correction
- Lid bags correction (excess skin and fat removal)
- Scars and lumps/bumps removal
- Facial tumor excision and plastic reconstruction
- Watery eyes correction including scarless endoscopic techniques
- Brow lift (including minimal scar endoscopic techniques)
- Management of unsightly blind eyes with artificial cosmetic eye implants
- Eyelid/eye problems with sagging and discomfort in facial nerve palsies
Cornea and anterior segment:
- Conjunctival and corneal infections treatment
- Treatment of eye allergies
- Management of eye surface scars
- Keratoconus management including modern corneal graft surgery,INTACS, collagen cross linking
- Retinal diseases (e.g. diabetes, macular degeneration)
Mr Goel graduated medicine in 1996. Since then he has trained and worked in Ophthalmology in eminent teaching centres in the UK and internationally, acquiring a range of qualifications and memberships with specialist ophthalmic organisations. Mr Goel is published in National and International platforms and in his career has 19 publications and over 50 presentations to his credit. He has won National and International Awards for his scientific work.
Current membership(s) of professional, national and regional bodies
MBBS, Masters (Ophthalmology), Diplomate National Board (Ophthalmology), FRCS Edinburgh, FRCS Glasgow, ICO Basic Sciences and Optics & Refarction, MRCOphth, FRCOphth
Refractive surgery (laser and non-laser) and oculofacial aesthetics, Cornea/ anterior segment and oculoplastics. Mr Goel specialised in cosmetic surgery of the eyes, eyelids and pericoluar complex including brows and upper cheeks.